Welcome to Business in El Paso
The El Paso Chamber believes that humanity’s single greatest innovation for the creation of jobs, productivity gains, and community wealth is business. We support business and our community by providing opportunities for connecting, coaching, advocating, and innovating.
President & CEO
David Michael Jerome is President and CEO of the El Paso Chamber of Commerce.
David Michael Jerome has global experience in leading Fortune 100 traded companies’ efforts to become more innovative, sustainable, and relevant. He has always found the complexity and importance of these issues appealing. Areas of experience include: General Management and Strategy, Branding and Reputation Management, Corporate Affairs, Measurement and Reporting, Stakeholder Engagement, Public Policy, Communications, Organizational Effectiveness and Core Business Integration.
He is currently the President and CEO of the Greater El Paso Chamber of Commerce and Curator for TEDx El Paso and he serves on several regional Boards. David was the Senior Vice President for Corporate Services and Corporate Responsibility at InterContinental Hotels Group.
David founded and led IHG’s Global Corporate Services Team from IHG’s headquarters in the United Kingdom from 2006 until the end of 2012. Under David’s leadership, IHG came to lead the hotel industry in operations and brand innovation. David has taught at UTEP and Cornell Universities. He has published on branding and sustainability and presented at TED Global on the future role of hotels in society. Before IHG, David led Corporate Affairs for AB InBev, the world’s largest brewer. Prior to AB InBev, David worked for General Motors in a variety of staff and operational roles including President and CEO of GM Korea. He has a Juris Doctor from the Washington College of Law.
“Nothing has so profound an effect on improving people’s trajectory in society than business; and the Chamber works to foster local business at the highest level.” – David Michael Jerome
Who We Are, Who We Have Been, Who We Will Be…
- 1899 The Chamber is Founded
- 1909 Presidents Taft and Diaz hold conferences at the Chamber
- 1911 Ex-President Teddy Roosevelt visits the Chamber
- 1913 Women are allowed to attend Chamber meetings for the first time
- 1925 Established the first Women’s Department in the nation
- 1927 Chamber paves the way for El Paso’s air mail service
- 1940 Takes steps to establish municipal airport
- 1967 Instrumental in bringing the 100-year-old Chamizal boundary dispute to an end
- 2010 Chamber successfully led coalition to promote the growth of Fort Bliss